Friday, September 15, 2006

San Francisco!

Oh, my! That was awesome! The sights, the sounds, the smells.... ok, some of the smells sucked, but WOW! I got to see and touch a eucalyptus tree, they smell so good, and they are gloriously pretty!

I rode on the 'Bart', that's a train that goes from Pleasanton (my baby-sister's new home-town) to San Francisco, that was a little loud, but very neat. It was weird though, there were some places we went through that had graffiti EVERYWHERE, on buildings, bridges, houses, pavement, it was everywhere I looked.

When we got to San Francisco, I was floored! The buildings were so tall, and spectacularly beautiful! So many people though. They are everywhere, all going somewhere with a sense of purpose. There are vendors with tables set up where you come out of the Bart station. They sell all kinds of things. I didn't have much time to browse, but there were a lot of sparkly things.

Pier 39 was wondrously, ridiculously touristy......... so amazing! There is a two-story carousel on the actual pier!!!! It was unbelievable! For a reminder of this trip I got a pink fleece jacket with the golden gate bridge emblem sewn on it, it's so pretty!

Fisherman's wharf was amazing, the street artists came out in the evening and I saw them create beautiful pieces of artwork using spray-paint and crumpled paper! It was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

I was so enraptured with all the buildings and such that I accidentally walked into a lady in a dress and platform shoes. When I turned to apologize, it was a guy! With 5 o'clock shadow and everything! I almost had a heart-attack! It was crazy!

This was by far the most exciting and adventurous vacation I've had in a long time! I think I could stay in San Francisco for a whole week and still not see everything that I'd like to. Oh, well, there is just that much more to discover for next time! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home